Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Brief Intro:

In normal circumstances, my name would be all over this blog but to keep things peaceful at home and abroad, I would be using my initials BAS to attract less attention. Trust me I do attract a lot of attention and so in this public sphere I thought keeping things a little bit discreet would be better.

I have been a nomad for the last 7 years. Went to undergraduate studies in US in 2000 and then came back in 2004 to see what Pakistan had to offer me. Then went back to US in 2005 for few months and then came back. Worked for 1.5 years in Pakistan and now I am currently working in UAE in a bank.

I haven’t extensively traveled the world but I have been to these countries besides US:

Saudi Arabia

Malaysia

Sri Lanka

UAE

I want to travel a bit more this year and would like to go to Australia and South Korea by the end of this year. Though I haven’t put my travel experiences in writing, I would definitely be using this medium to pen my traveling experiences.

I work as a banker since I graduated which is something I am not very proud of but I have learned a few things. Working in this institution is quite distressful but definitely it takes your learning curve up a notch.

I am not very eager to work in this institution for a long time. My long term aspirations are to open my own business or a set of businesses and write books. I hope this gives you a brief idea about me and hopefully I will hear some good feedback from people.

Hobbies: Coin Collecting, Photography (recent) and Music

Activities/ Sports: Ballroom dancing, Martial Arts (Taekowndo & Judo), Basketball, Cricket, American Football and Swimming (learning).

Disclaimer: Please don’t take my posts offensively as much as you feel they are. I am not a person who holds grudges against people. This blog is all about my experiences and how I see things and I surely intend to use real names for the benefit of everyone. If at any point in time you feel you have a problem then go deal with it in your own time and place. I am not a diplomat or an ambassador or a noble prize winner for peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just browsing and came across your blog. You seem to be a daring dude and I am eagerly looking forward to what you have to say next.Can you elaborate on as to why you attract a lot of public attention??

BAS said...

People say I am just too much of a big mouth. I have been told numerous times that I need to be careful on what I say. Thats why I think I attract attention cause I say things that no one wants to listen.